Foreign Currency and Exchange Rate
As of 09:30 am, 11/28/2023
Foreign currency and Exchange, Foreign Exchange, Forex, or simply FX, is the process of changing one currency into another for a variety of reasons, usually for commerce, trading, or tourism. Its market is a global marketplace for exchanging national currencies. Because of the worldwide reach of trade, commerce, and finance, FX markets tend to be the largest and most liquid asset markets in the world. Currencies trade against each other based on FX rates of currency pairs. For example, USDPHP is a currency pair for trading the USD against the PHP.
- Trading Hours
- Morning: 09:00 AM - 11:45 AM
- Afternoon: 01:00 PM - 03:45 PM
*No FX trades beyond the above cut-off times. Strict compliance is required.
- All FX sales by the bank are subject to client’s submission of a duly accomplished Application to Purchase Foreign Exchange form and supporting documents, as applicable, in compliance with applicable FX regulations, among others.
- Please note that the FX rates are indicative only and may be subject to change within the day without prior notice.
- For the prevailing FX rate of USD and other currencies, please talk to any of our branch personnel at your nearest China Bank branch.
- For cash transactions, all currency notes may be subject to availability.
- China Bank reserves the right to refuse demonetized notes and confiscate cash or currency notes deemed to be counterfeit.