Foreign Currency and Exchange Rate
As of 09:30 am, 05/29/2023
Foreign currency and Exchange, Foreign Exchange, Forex, or simply FX, is the process of changing one currency into another for a variety of reasons, usually for commerce, trading, or tourism. Its market is a global marketplace for exchanging national currencies. Because of the worldwide reach of trade, commerce, and finance, FX markets tend to be the largest and most liquid asset markets in the world. Currencies trade against each other based on FX rates of currency pairs. For example, USDPHP is a currency pair for trading the USD against the PHP.
- Trading Hours
- Morning: 09:00 AM - 11:45 AM
- Afternoon: 01:00 PM - 03:45 PM
*No FX trades beyond the above cut-off times. Strict compliance is required.
- All FX sales by the bank are subject to client’s submission of a duly accomplished Application to Purchase Foreign Exchange form and supporting documents, as applicable, in compliance with applicable FX regulations, among others.
- Please note that the FX rates are indicative only and may be subject to change within the day without prior notice.
- For the prevailing FX rate of USD and other currencies, please talk to any of our branch personnel at your nearest China Bank branch.
- For cash transactions, all currency notes may be subject to availability.
- China Bank reserves the right to refuse demonetized notes and confiscate cash or currency notes deemed to be counterfeit.
China Bank UITF NAVPu
Measure the performance of your investments in the China Bank Unit Investment Trust Funds (UITFs) by looking at their Net Asset Value Per Unit or NAVPu.
As of 07:17 pm, 05/26/2023
||NAVPU (Net Asset Value per Unit)
|Money Market Fund
|Intermediate Fixed-Income Fund
|Fixed Income Fund
|High Dividend Equity Fund
|Phil Equity Index Tracker Fund
|Dollar Cash Fund
What is a Unit Investment Trust Fund?
A UITF is a professionally managed trust fund where different investors' monies are pooled together and are placed in a range of financial assets, such as time deposits, bonds issued by the government or private corporations, stocks, and other instruments allowed by the BSP. The investment guidelines of UITFs vary according to the fund's objectives, time horizon and risk orientation which may be suitable to different types of investor profile. Each investor will own units of the fund and may subscribe or redeem anytime in accordance with the UITF's plan rules.
What is NAVPu and how do you realize gains from UITFs?
A UITF participant's investment value is determined through the NAVPu, which may go up or down.
To determine the gains/losses, simply subtract the NAVPu on subscription date from the NAVPu on redemption date and multiply it by the number of units that you own.
Your principal and earnings from investment in the UITF can be lost in whole or in part when the NAVPu at the time of redemption is lower than the NAVPu at the time of subscription. Conversely, gains from investment in the UITF is realized when the NAVPu at the time of redemption is higher than the NAVPu at the time of subscription.