By accessing this website or any of its pages and e-channels, their nature, present and future functionalities and operating features, you accept these Terms & Conditions of Use and hereby consent to be bound by it. Otherwise, you should not access this website or any of its pages.
Article 1. COPYRIGHT, TRADEMARKS, AND PROPRIETARY INTEREST
- Unless otherwise indicated, everything in this website is copyrighted in the name of China Bank. Hence, they may not be downloaded, copied, reproduced, displayed, modified, published, reported, reused, derived from, sold, transmitted, distributed, licensed, or otherwise used for public or commercial purposes without the written permission of China Bank.
- China Bank owns all the information, programs, applications collectively called "software", used in, or derived from, this website. Any information relating to the use and operation of this website shall not be disclosed to other party, unless China Bank has willfully made the information public.
- You agree to use this website solely for its/their intended purpose. You agree not to decompile, disassemble, modify, copy, or reverse engineer the software or allow anyone else to do so.
Article 2. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
- China Bank or its accredited agencies may hold and process information relating to you, your address, accounts, business, etc., whether provided by you or coming to the Bank’s possession through this website.
Article 3. LIMIT ON LIABILITY
- China Bank reserves the right to alter the scope and availability of its website, and to modify, restrict, withdraw, cancel, disconnect, deactivate, suspend or continue any or all of its contents or functionality without prior notice to you.
- China Bank shall not be liable to you for your inability to use this website or any of the Bank’s or its 3rd parties’ e-channels or websites linked through it, due to causes beyond the Bank’s control, such as but not limited to, computer hardware or software problems including bugs and viruses, or related/incidental problems that may be attributed to a third party utility, telecommunications service, or information service provider, or in cases of natural disasters or calamities, fortuitous events, force majeure, and other unforeseen events or emergencies.
- The text, images, information, links, or other material contained in this website, including formulas, rates, and other figures labeled as “indicative” are displayed as is as of its last update and the Bank does not make any warranties or representations as to their accuracy, timeliness, or completeness.
- China Bank shall not be liable for any direct or indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, losses, or expenses arising out of your use of this website or any of the link(s) emanating from it in case the information or material contained in this website is no longer accurate, complete, updated, or approximating the market going rates, or if any of the Bank’s products, services, and channels mentioned in this website are not or no longer available in your geographical location.
Article 4. CHANNEL AVAILABILITY AND TRANSACTION CUT-OFF TIME
- This website is available 24 hours a day and seven days a week, except during system downtime for maintenance, or computer, telecommunication, electrical, or network failure, and/or any other reasons beyond the Bank’s control.
- Transactions, enrollments, and inquiries made through China Bank’s e-channel(s) or 3rd party links contained in this website shall be subject to the Bank’s prescribed cut off time, and transactions made after the Bank’s designated cut off time(s) shall be considered transactions of the following banking day.
Article 5. SPECIFIC PROVISIONS
- Applications, Other Services, and Links
- Submission of applications or other types of the service requests through this website does not automatically constitute approval of the request, and is subject to the Bank’s pre-qualifying conditions.
- China Bank is not obliged to notify you, verbally or in writing, of the status of your application or service request except if the Bank will require you to submit further information, documents, or materials to proceed with your service request. And, you hold China Bank free and harmless of any liability if your service request is denied because you are unable to submit the requirements the Bank stated within the timetable the Bank has set.
- China Bank shall not be liable for any direct or indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages, losses, or expenses arising out of your use of China Bank’s 3rd parties’ websites, channels, functionality, products, or services, or in case such 3rd party information or material is no longer accurate, complete, updated, or approximating the market going rates, or if the Bank’s 3rd parties’ products, services, channels, and functionalities are not or no longer available, accessible, or performing in your geographical location.
- Use of Electronic Mail
- You agree not to rely on electronic mail (or “e-mail”) if you must report a lost or stolen ATM card or unauthorized transaction done using one of your enrolled accounts, or if you need to stop a scheduled funds transfer or issue a stop payment order for one or more checks, or if you need to notify China Bank immediately of any urgent concern needing/requiring immediate attention related to your enrolled accounts.
- You agree that China Bank may opt to respond to you by e-mail with regard to matters relating to your enrolled accounts or the services covered herein.
- You agree not to use the contact information or facility in this website for any other purpose.
- You further agree that China Bank may communicate with you via e-mail about any subject matter related to e-Banking or the Bank’s products and services.
Article 6. APPLICABLE/GOVERNING LAW
- Use of this website and e-channels shall be governed and be subject to the applicable provisions of Republic Act No. 8792 (E-Commerce Act), the laws of the Philippines and all applicable rules and regulations of the Bank, the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas and the Bankers Association of the Philippines.
Article 7. SEVERABILITY CLAUSE
Article 8. CONSENT TO THE TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
- You understand the Terms & Conditions of Use detailed herein and the corresponding risks entailed in accessing this website or availing China Bank’s or its 3rd parties’ e-channels and links.
- By accessing or using this website, you accept and agree to be bound by the Terms & Conditions of Use governing this website, e-channels, their nature, present and future functionalities and operating features.